View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 02:26 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
I think/hope by the end of the season, the impetus for keeping Tomas Plekanec will be there and very solid. His line might become the "first line" - I have high hopes for Gio and Bourque (who I think will play with them, both Gallys will get sent back down). When people talk about PK's intangibles, they seem not to think of Pleky's. He brings so much to the team and has been (as mentioned before re: Czech team, although they have has some success) the victim, much like Koivu of not having a great supporting cast. Him, Kovy and AK ripped it up that year. It's all about chemistry and performance and he performs all the time.

I'm not going to expect him to bulldoze through a wall of players, but the things he does, he does exceptionally well. The thing about DD and Pleks is that if the rest of the team just plays well (I thought DD was horrible on Saturday, but first game so whatever), we don't have these doubts cuz honestly, they aren't the problem. Putting other centers in their positions (I'm trying to think who we could get barring massive larceny by Bergy) won't improve our wins. Getting the rest to show up, that's the key. The more I look at our D, the more I am a little horrified. (And I wasn't worried about it at all...until Saturday.)