View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 02:55 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 466
Thoughts on the game:

- Its pretty cool to have a dynamic rookie on the team that is getting league-wide notice.

- I thought Hithcock pulled Halak not so much for Halak's sake as for a wake-up call that the team needed to play better. Nice that Elliott was ready to play. (That 3rd goal was pretty weak by Jaro, but I think the team got the message when he was pulled.)

- Anyone notice who was on the ice for the 3rd goal equalizer late in the third? Cole, Pietro, Schwartz, Tarasenko...and someone else. All 3 rookies in during a crucial situation. I just loved the trust from Hitchcock. He's not babying anyone out there. No one is getting sheltered minutes. The team is like a bunch of Legos he just plugging different guys in.

- Pietro didn't have a very good game, at least the first half of the game. The first goal was 100% his fault.

- Players who look rusty: Perron is top of that list. McDonald also looked pretty gassed in the 3rd period.

- Berglund was strong with the puck tonight. Very inspiring. The line wasn't clicking quite as well, and there were a few miscommunications, but no one could take the puck from him. I have high hopes for that line.

- Sobotka and Nichol both played huge. I don't see how you can take either guy out of the line-up. Reaves didn't play poorly, but I do think he'll sit soon in favor of Langenbrunner. It has more to do with the fact that Langenbrunner needs to get a game in than anything bad from Reaves.

- Who the heck do you sit for Redden to play? Jackman? I thought Jackman, Shattenkirk, Russell, Polak....they all played pretty sound games. To be honest, I think Pietro's defensive lapses were the most costly tonight. I say maybe Jackman sits just to rest him. (Odds are we'll here that someone is 'dinged up' a bit and they'll sit.) But its hard to see how Hitchcock is going to manage this rotation.

- Woywitka as the 8th defenseman is the kind of depth I wanted to see. Porter as a call-up available in Peoria is another good indicator of quality depth.