View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 02:34 AM
Regal

vCash: 500
While it's possible, especially in a shortened season, the Canucks have just been too far in front of anyone else in the division to think it's likely they fall. The Kesler injury hurts, but I don't think they team will fall too far before he gets back, assuming he doesn't have any more setbacks.

The Wild look pretty good on paper, but I think some are too quick to mention their start last year, especially Wild fans. While I don't think advanced stats are the be-all-end-all, the possession numbers were terrible for them last season even during the start and suggested they would fall off even before the injuries. That said, the Parise and Granlund additions give them a solid top two lines, and allow Brodziak and Clutterbuck to fall down to be great third line players. Suter should help solidify the defense who are young and getting better. I think some were overrating them going into the season, but if anyone other than Van is going to win, I'd put money on them. The Oilers have their stars, but I think they're just too raw. I'd probably still take a Koivu, Parise and Heatley combo over Nuge, Hall and Ebs, because of experience and a proven ability to play the tough minutes, and don't have the depth of Minny either.

Regal is offline   Reply With Quote