View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 03:18 AM
LAX attack*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
I've watched him play quite a bit and I don't see how you can say that at the best case scenario, if he reaches his full potential, he can't be like a Weber or Pronger.

Florida coaches could have put Gudbranson in a far more offensive role than they did. They didn't and I think it was smart of them. Let him learn the defensive side of the game first and then let him loose offensively. Remember we are talking about a defenceman who just turned 21 years old two weeks ago.

You also have to remember who his d partner was last year. Ask Panther fans how effective Jovonovski was last season. In the games I watched, Gudbranson had to cover Jovo's mistakes in the defensive zone time and time again. I suppose that's another reason they wanted him to focus almost exclusively on defence.

Honestly I believe it is up to Gudbranson to realize how good he can become. If he wants it bad enough, he can be truly dominant.
I suppose he could reach that level but i would call that wishful thinking more than realism. But i bet you could have said the same about weber at even more advanced ages.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote