Thread: Value of: Joe Thornton to FLA
View Single Post
01-22-2013, 04:28 AM
Window: Closed
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post

Easy now, it's reasons like that why I've never made a thread on this site. I thought he'd have less value than he apparently has, because of the cap hit, the 1 yr left before being a ufa, etc. and once more, this isn't a proposal thread, it's a value of, tell me what you'd want. You couldve just said "I think you're way off here, it's probably take a package like this to do it". I immediately regret making this
I think you are way off here, it'd probably take a package like Huberdeau and your first rounder this year to get the Sharks interested.

I understand that on the East Coast, it's hard to get an appreciation of how good players in the West are. But we value Thornton like Detroit values Datsyuk, Vancouver values H. Sedin, etc. He is a point per game offensive player, who's great defensively, on special teams, in the faceoff circle, etc. There aren't many players like that in the league. He may be 33, but he's the type of player who will be playing at a high level when he's 40. He's our captain, second longest tenured player, and the face of this franchise. He's invaluable to us.

I understand that you didn't mean to offend us, but when you offer relative scraps for the player I just described, you're not going to get cheerful answers.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote