Thread: Nikolai Kulemin
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 05:01 AM
EucaLEAFtys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Pens fan (What? A Pens fan showing interest in Kulemin??) coming here in peace. Just wanted to know what your expectations are for Kulemin this year. Do you expect him to perform similar to the way that he did in the KHL, or do you think he might underperform like the way he did last season? He is one of the hardest players in the NHL to determine the value of, he is a previous 30 goal scorer but underwhelmed last season, then came back in the KHL and posted great numbers.

If it was the deadline and Toronto was willing to trade Kulemin, I'd offer Olli Maatta + Eric Tangradi + Robert Bortuzzo.

Thanks guys.
Hate to say it, but I think it's time for Kulemin to be traded. Last season, he just wan't really "there" (as he was probably grieving the loss of so many friends in the plane crash at the begginning of last season), and this season, he seems to be a Jekyll/Hyde kind of player (played extremely well in the KHL, but seems lost right now since his return to the NHL).

I'd really hate to see him leave (howver he ends up leaving), but that just might be the beast thing, both for him and the Leafs.

As for your proposal, I don't like it. I'd rather the return be something in the neighborhood of Joe Morrow and the Penguins' 2013 1st rounder (as it's very likely going to be a late 1st), but I wouldn't expect that to fly with the Pens' GM (or their fan-base).

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote