View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 05:22 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Agree with everything except the last sentence has me a little confused. Which seasoned assets do you mean? I don't see much we can get rid of that would yield anything in return.

On a general note: Does anyone else have a much more grounded opinion of our D prospects since that HF article came out? Morrow is having trouble scoring and has been a healthy scratch on several occasions??? Dumoulin has been a frequent healthy scratch?? Both those guys were supposed to have minor chances at making the team, especially Morrow. Pouliot and Maata are unknown commodities right now, so we're not left with nearly as much to trade as I think people assume. Believe me I'm sure Morrow and Dumoulin can improve and they are young, but according to that HF article the Penguin/Pittsburgh media went WAY overboard and REALLY jumped the gun as far as stating what we had.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... The only elite prospect the Pens have is Pouliot and to be honest he's the only natural PPQB in the entire organization. He has his holes but IMO he's the only one with elite ability there. Sure a guy like Morrow has a bomb for a shot and is a smart passer but I think he ends up being more of a well rounded player than an actual star.

Another thing worth talking about is the Pens player developement. Just because its gotten better than the CP era doesn't mean its good. A lot of the Pens top 10 prospects have just gotten to WB so I guess we'll see what happens to them.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote