Thread: Post-Game Talk: Well poop: Sabres win 2-1
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 AM
Leafsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Yes, it does show what a #1 goalie can do, but it also shows how pathitically weak the Leafs' offence still is.

Seeing the Sabres win wasn't a surprise, given that they are a stronger team than the Leafs are right now.

In my opinion, this game also illustrates what the majority of the remaining games this season are probably going to be like.. low scoring affairs with the Leafs frequently coming out on the short end of the stick.

As such, I really don't expect many Leaf wins this season.
I'm not sure I agree! Take out Miller and that game could have been a much different story. This was one of those games where no matter what they did the puck just wouldn't go in the net. Miller was fantastic and the bounces were not going there way.

I thought besides the majority of the first period, the Leafs played a GREAT hockey game. The passes were a little off their mark, especially in the first where the passes were just brutal. But as the game continued I thought they played quite well.

I thought they all were trying to hit, forcheck, and contribute in all the areas of the game. Phaneuf I thought was just right on his game, a bunch of great defensive plays and also a few blasts from teh point. Really impressed with his game last night.

I thought all four lines were decent and you could see as the game progressed they seemed to mesh more. If they play like they did the second two periods then I'll be very happy. It was a great game to watch and we got beat by a hot goalie which happens seldomly.