View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
He has been a good addition... 5 years of your drivel, why do WE keep coming back?
I think he has looked good too. I don't get what's the problem is here.

If anything, I would consider getting Halpern up the lineup if he keeps playing the way he has. Because -- this far atleast -- and no matter if Boyle is a "3rd line center" or not, the line of Kreider-Boyle-Pyatt just don't seem to get the job done. And Torts loves those energy line's that he can send out on the ice while always knowing what he will get.

I could see bottom two lines of:
Kreider-Halpern-Callahan, and
Asham-Boyle-Rupp.

I think a line with Boyle on it is a bit too N-S for Kreider. I think playing with Gabby forces Cally to be a player he not really is. I think Gabby is forced to adjust to Cally a bit too much to. Stepan and Cally has never really hitten it off either. With Kreider-Halpern-Cally you get a bit more of a typical American hockey line. Pretty N-S, but a bit more creativity going the last distance to the net. Alot of speed and so forth.

The only question would be how well Pyatt would look next to Stepan and Gabby (another option is of course to put Pyatt on the 1st line and Hags on the 2nd)...