View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
I actually think Klein\Hannan has been okay, but the third pairing has been dreadful.

AS I'VE BEEN SAYING:

Weber-Bouwmeester\Martin
Klein-Josi
Ellis-Hannan
Gill

The bottom six is a mess right now with spots being used on McGrattan and Clune, but neither being given icetime(justifiably). Factor in that you have Brandon Yip, who, while not "bad," is also not "good" at anything.

Gabby Bourque coming back will help out...hopefully he's called up today. I'd go ahead and call Mueller or Latta up as well, and go with:

Bourque Spaling Smith
Halischuk Mueller Yip

Bench McGrattan. Waive Clune.

Shootouts are always iffy for us. In the past couple of seasons, we've struggled to find anyone to score consistently(Legwand probably the closest to a good option that we have), but have done okay because Pekka has been able to make one goal stand up. If more teams catch on to Peks' tendency to bite on moves made at slow velocity, we're not going to win many.

The biggest concern is that Grimson, Daunic, and even Trotz and Horachek were trumpeting their happiness in the effort last night. Was it better than Saturday? Yes. But you still got outshot by 15, including 6-0 in OT, despite having all of those powerplays and STL only having 2. I don't think anyone was surprised when the Blues got that third goal, because you could certainly feel it coming.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote