View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 09:01 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
What kind of lawsuit could the City bring? Hosting the Memorial Cup and/or other high profile events is not a right - not by any team or community, despite the entitlement issues some Windsor fans seem to have.
Exactly CG. I'm not saying Windsor won't ice a competative team..or wouldn't be a great host..I'm merely stating you don't reward wrong doing without it being looked at negatively. To use a parenting analogy...it would be like catching your kid stealing cookies from the cookie jar when you said no...and then giving them milk and cookies as punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
It's only negative attention if the media wants it to be. This is actually one of the times Branch can prove it was anyone's game and still is. I'm not saying Windsor should or should not host it, but if they have the best presentation and ice a competitive team, the sanctions should play zero part in what happens.
SN..
If Windsor is awarded the 2014 Memorial Cup hosting rights...nobody can look at me straight faced and say the media wouldn't put a negative spin on it. That's not how journalism works.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote