View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Alesle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
What could we possibly offer??

They dont need more forwards. Why would they trade Stewart and expect a better winger in his place?

Theyve been looking for left handed defenders, someone to play with Pietrangelo. That could cater towards us just fine. Depending on his value we would have the assets to make it happen, itd just be a matter of whether Shero saw it as worth it.
I'll clarify. My point was that they are looking to win now, and we would probably have to offer an equal or better player for them to be interested. Unless we have other players that can step right and replace the player we traded away, we would just fix one problem and create another. When one of our defensive prospects are ready for top 4 duties I agree that Stewart would be a very attractive and possible addition, but I don't envision that happening during this season (hence the "at this point in time" comment). I would love to be wrong on that part though .

Quote:
Why are you so convinced we dont have the assets to get anyone?
I don't think we have a lot of expendable assets that are attractive to other contending teams. We have plenty of expendable pieces attractive to teams looking to rebuild.

Quote:
You say Paajarvi might not be an upgrade for us but insist they'll want a 2nd line center or #1 dman for him?
I'm saying he's one of their better trade baits to include in a trade for possible upgrades in positions of need.

Quote:
IDK about thier stable of promising Dmen, adding Shultz helped.
At the very least, in addition to Schultz, Klefbom and Musil looks very promising, while Petry has looked good so far in the NHL. I don't see young defensemen as a need for them, unless it's a potential #1.