View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Lebowski

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
MacKinnon will go ahead of Drouin no matter what. Drouin is fun to watch, but he's all flash. MacKinnon is still the better overall player. Heck I'd still take him over Jones. I think people forget that Jones is almost a full year older than MacKinnon.
"But he's all flash". How so? Having great natural skills makes you all flash? To me he could end up an hybrid between Patrick Kane and Giroux. He needs to work on his skating, but he's a very, very (probably the most in this draft) offensively gifted player. Mackinnon is still the #2 at this point, but the remaining of the season and the playoffs might be the final push Drouin needed to pass Mackinnon.

What if he outscores him despite playing 5-6 games less? What if he ends up the playoff MVP? That sure would be good arguments in favor of his draft ranking. It also seems he started growing on some scouts too.

Regardless, I'd be ecstatic if we could land either of them on draft day, but the chance Drouin pass Mackinnon are now, in my opinion, more of a real possibility than ever.