View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 10:25 AM
daveleaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
That was because he had a pretty decent season at a very young age. Then what happened the next season? He really sucked and he was criticized for that as much as Kadri has ever been criticized for anything.

I also recall a lot of people talking about Kadri's 70-80 point potential before he'd ever played a game.

Racism is not lurking under every un-turned stone. You guys are projecting.
You know, you have to give people a chance to grow before they become who they are going to be. You don't hire someone in the business world and assume there is not a phase of adjustment, this is even more of an issue with younger people.

I truly believe this guy can become a very productive NHL'er and be an All Star candidate. He has that potential you mentioned but very few players hit that right from the start. I remember a young Damphouse and marveled at his ability but it took a few years to hit his stride and by then we traded him.

All I can say is Nonis is far more patient and because of that our prospects will get every chance to develop and succeed. Finally someone understands the beauty of building long term.