View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
People have to stop with this ''earning'' garbage excuse.
You have a young asset you're trying to develop and determine whether or not he's got the upside you hoped he has. It's time to actually manage things. That doesn't mean he will steal anybody's place, you do that because you want to increase his value.
Imagine Eller does just as well as DD in the top 6. Well, then you know for a fact that you have three centers that can play in the top 6. It increases trade value.
In the end, it's only better for the team.

But you don't even have to give him top 6 duties. What you can do is start giving him some PP time. See how he can handle the puck and create plays. Does DD absolutely needs to play with both MaxPac and Cole, at ES and on the PP??? No. So mix things up, whatever way possible, just put Eller there. I certainly wouldn't mind having 4 Forwards on the PP if it means not seeing Gorges or Bouillon there.

Galchenyuk practiced as the third line center, from what the lines looked like, it seems Eller might be scratched. Did Gally earned to play that spot over Eller?
No he didn't.
When Komisarek played here, he wasn't playing all that well. Yet he was moved on Markov's side and they formed a great duo. He hadn't earned anything.
Price never earned much here, everybody was tossed to the side for him.

So, spare that old cliché excuse. It's the perfect way to under develop prospects.
I agree here, you need to put players in position to succeed. Eller should be given more time with better linemates.

Player development isn't a perfect science though...sometimes a player has to make the most of an opportunity as well.

But again, I think Eller is capable of being like Pleks if he was given the time.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote