View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM

vCash: 500
I have a very difficult time trading any of Doan, Yandle or Hanzal because all three of these players agreed to long-term deals with the Coyotes when the future was not the brightest. I know business comes first, but I think they have showed some loyalty, well paid loyalty, and I'd like to see that honored.

I also think it's funny that people see the emergence of OEL and automatically think it makes Yandle expendable. If Runblad or Schlemko emerged and showed that he could be a top 4 defensive scoring threat then it makes Yandle potentially redundant. We can have more than one offensive defenseman in the top 4, and it's helpful if we do.

On the defensive defenseman side of the puck we have Michalek, Klesla and Morris. The general consensus seems to be that Stone is proving that he can play in that group but I think many of us consider him more of a Morris replacement than a Michalek or Klesla replacement.

That said, I'm not excited to move any of our top 6 defense at this point, I think they are all worth keeping and we either keep a guy like Stone as #7 or let the depth play on the farm awaiting an inevitable recall. If we are going to trade a defenseman this season I think it should be someone on the farm. While the return will likely be less, we have the depth organizationally to take some risks if we can swap out for a serviceable NHL player or prospect with potential.

I'd prefer to upgrade our backup goalie or forwards where possible. Maybe toss in a farm defender with a roster forward for an upgrade.