View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:17 PM
SnapVirus

vCash: 500
I dont think thats a bad thing.

-On his 2nd NHL contract Carey Price received a 2 years deal. With a 2.75M$ cap hit.
-Once this 2nd contract ended, Bergevin offered him a 6 years deal at 6.5M$.

-On his 2nd NHL contract Max Pacioretty received a 2 years deal. With a 1.625M$ cap hit.
-Once this 2nd contract ended, Bergevin offered him a 6 years deal at 4.5M$.

Pk Subban is no different the our two other young star players. Price and Pacman both had a bridge contract. Without them, the team would suffer. If Subban would accept 2.75M$ for the next two year, we would have better possibilites with the UFAs and to give that extra money to other players. Thats what you call 'taking one for the team'. Pacioretty and Price did it. Subban can do it also.

Even if they end up half-way at, lets say, 3.5M$ for two years. It would be good.

My real life job is to negociate big amout of money. And I much rather have Bergevin holding up a little bit to maximize the money he gives. Then, accepting whatever Meehan's resquest, because he's scared. Thats how you end up with Gomez/Kaberle/Bourque/Gionta/Cammalleri's contracts. And with how this situation is going right now, I see a DG who won't do the same mistakes, we've seen in the past. And thats a good thing.

Yeah, it would be better to have PK on the team. But it would be better to have PK on the team with a 3.5M$ cap hit, then a 6M$ cap hit. So time, is the best venue for Bergevin.