View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 11:21 AM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Some whistle past the graveyard, some call a spade a spade. Championship teams, and fans of them, can, nay should, recognize these things. Yes, it's only two games in, and yes, we won both (not that CB had much to do with it, however), but it was glaringly obvious to me that he was out there at times when I didn't think he should be (like on all the PPs). And at times, like near one goal line piliepup in the third, he was basically standing around, showing little effort. I remarked to myself at that time that I'm quite sure the coaching staff will have a sit down with him about that particular play. You'll find no bigger fan of his father than me; Ray is a God. CB, though, needs to realize that despite the relation, he's not entitled. His ceiling skill wise is probably third line, at best, judging from the little I've seen him here and his play in DC, but even to get, and remain, there he'll need O'Reilly-like effort.
The bolded....that's the key. We've barely seen him play. Truth be told, I don't think he's the solution either, but I'm willing to let him prove me wrong as long it doesn't cost the Bruins wins...which it hasn't. As for his situational icetime...I hear ya. Personally, I wouldn't have him getting PP time, but I'm not Claude Julien and I don't have a Stanley Cup on my coaching resume. He seems intent on finding out what he has in Bourque right now, rather than sheltering him for 8 minutes/night and going a dozen games without any real clarity on the 3rd line conundrum.

Good leaders in any industry follow through on what they commit to. Claude and Chia committed to giving Chris Bourque a chance to earn the 3rd line LW job coming out of camp. I'd be willing to be that they have a timeline in mind for how long he has until the trial period is over, and they make a decision on him either way. I'd also be willing to be that the trial period is longer than two games. If you want Chris Bourque to work out, then you have to enable him to work out. If not, then why waste any time with him in your lineup at all?