View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 11:22 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
He's had shoulder problems the last two years. Clearly he's put in the gym time this summer. He's a LOT stronger on the puck and showed some glimpses of what he can do against the Leafs. He needs a linemate and Prust and he'll have a solid season and be ready for the step up to the top 6 afterwards.

Desharnais has to be our third line center or not on the team if we are going to be a contender. That's my opinion.

Plekanec is one of the better 2nd line centers in the league and a decent 1B choice judging by how he shut down Crosby in the playoffs.

If Eller can fill that second line, Galchenyuk can be placed on the wing next year and concentrate on shooting the puck.

We can't continue to have Desharnais, Plekanec, Gionta, and now Gallagher, Kristo, etc... all these little guys if they are not elite. Because that doesn't translate to playoff hockey.

Clearly Bergevin is going with the farm and waiting for Tinordi to win that badly needed big man slot, so I expect him to stick with Eller through his development. Gomez was probably the safe choice for this season now that he's healthy, but he chose Eller's development as a priority. Wise move.

I have no problem with Therrien kicking Eller in the ass. He's obviously not a shrinking violet and that seems to be what he needs at this point, not cradling.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 01-22-2013 at 11:35 AM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote