View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:00 PM
regard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesle View Post
I'll clarify. My point was that they are looking to win now, and we would probably have to offer an equal or better player for them to be interested. Unless we have other players that can step right and replace the player we traded away, we would just fix one problem and create another. When one of our defensive prospects are ready for top 4 duties I agree that Stewart would be a very attractive and possible addition, but I don't envision that happening during this season (hence the "at this point in time" comment). I would love to be wrong on that part though .

I don't think we have a lot of expendable assets that are attractive to other contending teams. We have plenty of expendable pieces attractive to teams looking to rebuild.

I'm saying he's one of their better trade baits to include in a trade for possible upgrades in positions of need.

At the very least, in addition to Schultz, Klefbom and Musil looks very promising, while Petry has looked good so far in the NHL. I don't see young defensemen as a need for them, unless it's a potential #1.

My thinking towards the Blues was that Martin or Orpik could both look like good fits for them. For that matter Niskanen is plenty comfortable playing the left side.

For Edmonton the same three might interest them(maybe not Orpik as much for thier long term approach) as well as Despres, Morrow and Dumoulin(Despres might especially draw attention by deadline/offseason).

Not to say that I'd neccessarily want to trade those guys for Stewart or the Winger formerly Known as MPS. Im just saying that I think those two could make good trading partners depending on what we want to do.

Maybe in a few seasons if our defense is a logjam on the left we could trade Despres or any other young dman who proves himself to St Louis who might by then find a TJ Oshie or Perron type expendable, just like the Goligoski trade.

In the shorter term I could definatly see Dumoulin or Morrow making Niskanen, Orpik or Martin expendable for a Chris Stewart type. Depending on how thier all playing.