View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:02 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
****in right. Bang on. All the more reason to rebuild this year and get a top five, , because Timmins has not drafted one star forward lower than third overall, (and Gally is not proven,) in his entire tenure here. And Pax is not a star so don't bring that up.

I give Timmins this and next draft. If he cannot finally come up with one top line forward drafted below 15th, a forward who breaks out at 19, not 25, by then, goodbye. Other scouts do this, why does Timmins get a pass? Why?

The love for Timmins here is absurd. The Fischer pick alone should have got him gassed. Giroux, Carter, Richards, Perry, all missed, among others. I can't stand Timmins.

You will see, Timins will be gassed in the next two years, and he should be.
You have to be kidding me. Look at all the amazing players he has drafted outside the first round: PK Subban, Jaroslav Halak, Tomas Plekanec, Mark Streit and many more. Outside of the top five, he has drafted great players like Pacioretty, Kostitsyn, McDonagh, etc. In the top 5, we have gotten Galchenyuk and Price, both potential all-stars. I don't see how you could possibly say Timmins is overrated, the guy finds gems in the later rounds and has a knack for drafting.

He also drafted Mikhail Grabovski, Alexander Perezhogin, Marcel Hossa, Nathan Beaulieu and Jarred Tinordi. Obviously, most of these picks were home-runs and many of them weren't even in the top round. Timmins is a great head scout and deserves to be where he is.