Old
01-22-2013, 12:17 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
A bit slippery of you, LSCII...

True, we did happen to win both games, but some would counter that having him on the PP and in the shootout did in fact make it more difficult for us to win. We'll never actually know, of course, but things could have easily gone the other way yesterday if we had lost the shutout or if we had capitalized on one or more PPs.

Personally, as a big fan of Ray and a BU grad, I hope CB excels here. I think if he puts forth a consistent, major effort, he can.
In terms of the PP, anyone else would have/could have done just as little. I mean, it's not like the roster is littered with offensive juggernauts that are sitting so he can get the PP TOI. I'm personally not a fan of his, but it's a bottom 6 role. Sure, he's also taken a couple of second unit shifts on the PP, but don't forget that it's a PP that has sucked for years now. Really to me, it's not something to get worked up over, especially after all of two games.

I think the shootout is really just an example of the problem on this team. I've been saying for years that they don't have enough talent on the top 6. People always counter that they have plenty of scoring, but when you look at the shootout lineup and see Bourque there, it exemplifies what I mean. Sure, Horton and Lucic have scored goals, but it's not like their offensively gifted. They score through hard work and physicality, not through elite offensive skills.