View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Is he better than everyone in the league? I don't get why everyone is pumping Subban's tires, last season he made a lot of mistakes and wasn't solid every single game. I would take Pietrangelo over Subban.

Subban is an idiot if he's holding out for more money. The cap is lower, he should have accepted the contract before summer started because now he's obviously going to get less than what he would have gotten when the cap was 10M higher.

Anyway, it might be in his best interests to accept a one or two year deal. Then he can kick ass (hopefully) and earn a big contract. If he's looking for the 6 year 100 million dollar contract right now it makes it seem as if he's worried that he won't be able to earn the big bucks on his next contract.

It doesn't help that his agent obviously doesn't give a **** about hockey, these guys just want to make a crapload of money, no matter how much it can hurt a team to sign a guy to that kind of contract.
What are you talking about? Apparently PK would accept 6y 24M. That's a very long long way from your 100M figure.
PK is getting criticized for absolutely no reason here.

He, apparently is willing to sign here for a long term at a very cheap Price, which would be amazing for us, and yet he's being called an idiot for not wanting to sign for half of what Brandon freaking Prust got??? Are you serious with this crap?

You should stop focusing on the player. Look at what's best for the team.
Is it better for the team to sign PK to a 1-2year deal, let him kick ass as you say, then hit arbitration, triple that amount and we'd be stuck without cap??? Yea, REALLY FREAKING SMART!

It sure would make sense for PK to hold out if they're offering so little. I've been saying for a while that it makes more and more sense that management was the one low balling an offer. Bobby Mac is as legit as it's going to be, so...
If PK also said he'd be willing to go to 6y 24M, it makes sense how he didn't get any offer sheet. Every other GM in the league would likely sign him to this without thinking twice, but I'm sure they figure Bergevin would match this offer easily. So, there's no reason for them to do that.

You have to look at the bigger picture. Forget PK. If this is true, you have to reconsider just how management evaluate's talent.