View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Spoked-B

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
Let me put it this way........... Let's say that instead of "Bourque" on his back that it said "Sauve", or "Knipshear" for that matter. Would Claude be rolling out the red carpet to the third line, the powerplay, the shoot-out and who knows what else?

My guess is NO and based on Claudes previous decisions regarding young, undeserving, unproven players, I'm right on the money.
I really don't understand where you are coming from on this, as it relates to why you think he should not be given a chance on the powerplay or shoot-outs. He put up 93 points in the AHL last year and 28 points in 32 games this year. This isn't some "plugger" that's being put in the occasional offensive role. This is a kid with some offense who is asked to be more of a checker during 5-on-5, and is currently the best guy (in the farm) to be able do that and give you some offense. It remains to be seen if it translates to the NHL, but to think that an AHL ppg player being given a chance to contribute offensively is "nepotism" makes no sense.