View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Soble

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
He's also shown he can get lit up just like anyone else. His .893 SV% and 3.10 GAA showed that. I think Montoya can be a very serviceable back-up whether that starts this year or in the coming years. I also don't think it has anything to do with being afraid to start him. I think it's just that Noel wants to show Pavs that he is more then confident in him.

I know it's early in the year and that Pavs is the guy going forward, but history has shown Pavs has always struggled in back-2-backs. Obviously at some point he has to show he can do them but idk if now is the right time for this.
Most definitely start Montoya both remaining games against the Senators (one is 2nd half of B-2-B). Pavs has struggled big time last 2 yrs vs Ott, going 0-4 with 18 GA (+ 2 empty netters) and just seems they have his number.

Would think the plan at the start of the season would be about 38 games for Pavs and 10 for Montoya...8 back-to-backs, the other Ottawa game, and another. Of course, plans like this go out the window pretty quickly.

Last edited by Soble: 01-22-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added 2nd paragraph