Old
01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

vCash: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Section 114, Row 12
First time driving there by myself though I'm on the St. Paul side so it'll be easier but I'm planning to get there earlier to see if anything else is in the Lodge and to have time if I make a wrong turn. So come say hello if you see me. May roll another KHL jersey tonight. All of mine are undefeated at pro games for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Two cents:

Game: sloppy again, team clearly is still trying to get the system and their legs underneath them. Some good flashes. We seem to do better against teams that don't have a lot of youth and energy. So Eddy games should be tough.

Crowd: I've said for years the X is a "meh" atmosphere for hockey. It's very much family- and business-oriented, and combined with our reserved culture it's going to be muted.

I've been to games that have been LOUD and exciting, but it's the on-ice product that drives it, not the other way around:

- Game Four vs Anaheim when everyone started brawling and Johnsson got suckered
- vs Vancouver when we were killing them on the scoreboard and Rick Rypien grabbed the fan
- vs Calgary when Parrish of all people started scrapping

Remember the 2-minute 5-on-3 from a couple years ago? Very loud.

Usually the fans are pretty quiet until something happens, then they get involved, but if nothing happens on the ice we get quiet again.

I really don't know how you change that without changing the way the team sells and markets itself.
Fans can do it. That's about it. It's breaking social barriers and culture and with old time hokey in the outs you have fans that make me feel its like a tennis match aside from goals.

The vibe was probably better Saturday I assume as I'm listening to KFAN and everyone is saying it was electric and all that which wasn't Sunday. Even that Parise goal wasn't as nuts as the Koivu OT winner on reunion night last year where the crowd went berserk.

You are right about the marketing too, that could swing it but I think this is just going to be the but an game by game it'll be different.

Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote