View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
We have a murky relationship imo. Think back to Lappy, Bruno, Hendricks, Andy, Quincey, etc. While Andy and Quincey were for good reason, the way we treated guys like Lappy and Bruno was pathetic. Hendricks was just being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn, the guy was everything short of the McClement of 4th line centers for us and we wouldn't offer him a 1-way deal.
I'm not sure how not offering those players contracts and allowing them to become UFAs and sign with other teams is treating them in a pathetic fashion?? The club has a right to make a decision and go in another direction, just like every single club in the league. This happens EVERY YEAR to like 30-40 guys.

Why is it 'a business' when PLAYERS want the most $$$$ on their contracts but when teams don't send players an offer and let them become free agents, it's no longer a business and they're suddendly being mistreated?

Yeah, maybe the Avs didn't call up Mueller to tell him, 'hey bubby, good luck in the future, we're not going to offer you a contract' but to hear Mueller being PUZZLED by this after 32GP and 16PTS and $4M+ over 2 years is beyond ludicrous. They shouldn't have to spell it out for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Every team has tonnes of players that leave. That's the nature of the business. Avs fans have an obsession for interpreting it in an ominous way.

Sometimes the player is a poor fit for one reason or another. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to pay him what it would take. Sometimes the player wants to leave. Sometimes the organization makes a mistake letting a player go.
Yes, this exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
People forget Duchene's first year. Hejduk had had an established chemistry/rapport w/ Stastny as his Center.

Coming into that year Hejduk was still regarded as a Top Line winger.

Duchene was handed Hejduk on his line.
That's inaccurate. I remember distinctly Duchene starting with Tucker and apparently Svatos. I knew that Stastny started the year with Wolski and Hejduk. As the year progressed, Stastny gained chemistry with Galiardi and STEWART which dropped Hejduk onto a line with Duchene.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
People often forget that Forsberg once vowed never to play in an Avalanche uniform again, though to be fair that was because of their handling of Adam Deadmarsh and them trading him (if I recall didn't Deader re-sign w/ us before being traded?)

However, the case being, that there his historical precedence to show how the Avalanche treat certain players.
I follow this organization pretty closely and I don't remember Forsberg ever mentioning this at all. Where did you get this from?