View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
VanIsle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
This is what drives me crazy about this place. Ryder was not supposed to be a 3rd liner. He was brought in and paid to be a top 6, but gave such a lackluster effort he ended up on the freaking 3rd line, FFS. Pouliot was brought in as insurance for Caron and was fine for that role, since he wasn't being overpaid like Ryder. In a perfect world, having a guy with the skill and abilities of a Ryder for your third line is great if you can swing it. In reality though, he was not and should not have been on the third line. That's why he caught crap from people, and it was deserved.
I just think it is hilarious when fans absolutely have a hate on for a player when the team you are cheering for is one of the best, if not the best in the league, scores more then enough goals to win and has the best defense/goalie in the league. People forget too soon that top teams don't always stay at the top, imagine being a Leafs, Jackets, Isles fan, now there is something to complain about.

Sure some of the crap that was thrown at Ryder was deserved, but when your team is rolling, shouldn't you just be happy. I forget that alot of people on these boards are much younger than I, and haven't seen the up and downs of many seasons.

Remember Thornton and his first season, if the boards were created by then, I couldn't imagine the crap that would have been said about him.