View Single Post
01-22-2013, 01:02 PM
bought a MB jersey
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Why are you complaining, as if I said we can just pick up and be the new Detroit? I said we should take example from a team like Detroit that consistently succeeded in the cap era, while you want a team like Edmonton who has made the playoffs twice in like 10 years! It is quite silly how you say Detroit's path can't be repeated while Edmonton's can. Just a dumb remark, man... come on. Detroit had superstars like Datsyuk and Lidstrom, with a great supporting caste of youth and veterans, while drafting well and developing prospects. I am talking the recent Detroit here, not what you were rambling about in the 80s. The Habs have a goaltender, which Detroit didn't. We have a great young core to build around, and we need to support that core with a good mix of veterans and youth. Trade one or two veterans, get a solid mix of both on this lineup, then develop our draft picks properly and not rush them like you want, and keep drafting well. It's as simple as that. We need a retool, we don't need to trade away all our assets, and let me paraphrase your ridiculous statement from before "useful players that don't mean anything if you're on a team that finished 15th". Give your head a shake man! No one rebuilds anymore unless the circumstances are critical.

Just stop for a minute and think about it: how would you rather your team be managed, like a team like Detroit, the class of the league for decades, or a team like Edmonton, who obviously hasn't done anything since that fairytale run. EVERYONE will take Detroit, even Oilers fans for god's sake.
actually, he's right, every team can easily make moves to "guarantee" a decade of losing