View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
I think both sides have dug their heels in and will wait and see what happens in the next 5-10 games in an effot to try to get some leverage over the other side.

I understand MB can't give up the farm for his first major challenge or it'll set a bad example to the other agents who'll think they can just roll ovwer him. This is about more than PK, it's about setting a tone, so I'm not terribly upset.

I will say, that ater the last lock out, only 1 team who was outside the playoff picture after the 1st month made the playoffs. That tells me that ifwe're on the outside looking in after the first month and still haven't signed PK, I'd make him sit for the rest of the season. No need to sign him if we most likely won't make the playoffs.

At that point, I say call up all the kids and see what they can do while trading off some vets and non core players for picks & prospects. May as well prepare for next year and hope to get Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Nichushkin etc. and continue to build through the draft.