MW6

vCash: 500
What about

Carl Gunnarsson
Nikolai Kulemin

For

Marcus Johansson
Jeff Schultz

Kulemin is a 2nd/3rd-line tweener on the Leafs, I would say that he, MacA and JVR are fighting over the two top-6 spots available. JVR has the highest ceiling, Kulemin is the best definsive one and MacA is probably the most consistent one (17,16,21,20 goals). I do think his attributes would fit very well on a line with Ovechkin and Backstrom and that's why I'm involving him in this trade.

Johansson has a really high upside but hasn't found a place or role if you like to call it that on the Caps. He put up 46 pts in his second season last year. He's used on Ovechkin's opposite wing now because of his speed, but I preferred him at C more because of his resposiveness on D and playmaking skills. He also not very good along the boards, thus better suited at C. But with Ribeiro in town and Brooks Laich slated for 3C there just isn't room there.

Gunnarsson would be the steady presence Green's never had, and with the mergence of Kostka and Gardiner back, Gunnarsson might be looking at bottom paring minutes.

Schultz is a bottom pair D, agood PK'er and has good positional play, doesn't use his body enough and is pretty slow. Had the best +/- in the league some three years ago.

Go, no go?

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote