The Mikhail Grigorenko Thread
View Single Post
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Join Date: Sep 2002
Originally Posted by
If you want to argue my point then come with facts....
on net did he have?
I think he has
1 scoring chance, 2 shots on net, 0 hits
in two games....sounds offensive to me.
I will wait two more games but if those stats donīt change.....
not surprising that your assessment comes from that perspective.
I care almost nothing about the stats you listed. What I am looking for in 5 games is :
- Ability to recognize his lane/man on the back check
- Ability to rotate his coverages properly when hemmed in
- Puck awareness in the offensive zone
- Neutral zone transition skating
- Physical ability to compete along the boards
So far 3 specific plays have stood out
1. He won a physical battle in front of the net agaisnt Lupul preventing a goal. It highlighted both def zone awareness and physical strength
2. He made an excellent decision on the back check vs Toronto, dropping his man, as he went wide and picking up the guy crashing the net.
3. He set up Ott with an "eyes in the back of his head" pass, that should've been a goal vs Philly.
- He hasn't looked lost (awareness in all 3 zones is more than adequate, and even surprisingly good at times)
- He physically has no problem at this level (strength, size, conditioning)
I don't give a **** about points or hits.... I care about NHL quality shifts. If he is READY to play here physically and mentally, that's all that matters
at this point, sending him down would only be detrimental in my opinion
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Jame