View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 01:51 PM
AntonCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
You do realise that it's a two way street. This isn't Bergevin's decision alone. If PK is willing to stand by his decision and sit out a full year, that's on him as much as it's on Bergevin. In fact, I'd put more of the blame on PK than I would Bergy. If he lets PK roll him now that he's an RFA, there's no reason every RFA's agent goingforward won't try the same. If PK wants to lose an entire years salary and hinder his market value, that's his decision. It's not up to Bergy to cave to PK's demands and pay him more than he thinks he's worth. It doesn't work that way in the real world.

As for what kids, I can think of a few. Tinordi, Bealieu, Gally, Leblanc, Holland, Bournival to name a few.

If you think it's not worth drafting a high end pick because they might hold out, I can only assume you're being facetious. The ONLY RFA who's held out, that I can think of is PK. Patches, Price, Plecks, Gorges etc etc etc ALL signed bridge contracts and as a result were rewarded when they performed as expected. If PK thinks he's better than the past players and deserves to be treated differently, than again, that's his problem. I don't see how he's more special than Patches or Price but he seems to think he is in his mind. I don't see a reason why a future draft pick would pull what PK is pulling now. I can't see Galchenyuk pulling this.

I think PK has drank a bit too much of his own Koolaid and wnats to get paid for his brand rather than his play thus far.
There is the voice of reason

With a load of prospects set to join the team in the coming years, the last thing that I would want to do as Bergevin is to give in to PK and set a precedence for all the other agents.

Wether he's with it or not (will not argue that point) the truth is that he's an RFA.
Power lies in the hands of the club that hold his rights.
If anyone thinks that the Habs are more to blame than PK for not playing, give your head a shake as it is his name on the bottom of the contract that will get him on Bell centre ice again