View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchtrickBateman View Post
Excited to see Eakin up there. Quick question, it seems like Reilly Smith has kind of flown under the radar for me. Everyone here seems to sing his praises but I really haven't seen him do anything better than Garbutt, who actually always has me taking notice, just because of how hard he plays. What have I been missing?
All the praise is coming from his performance in the AHL. After about a 10 game adjustment, he took off and was hands down Texas' best forward.

He's getting some PP opportunity right now, but that won't last. Unless injuries hit, as soon as Benn is back he's likely the one pushed off the PP.

Garbutt is a nice player, but he's 27 years old. He's not a prospect, and he's likely reached the peak of his career. He is what he is which is a speedy 4th liner with a nonstop motor.

At 21, Reilly has load of potential, and it's a matter of him adjusting to the NHL. without 1 or 2 wingers missing significant time in the Top 6, Reilly Smith may not get a shot until next year to play full time on a scoring line. Right now, his defensive game is polished to the point he can still excel in a Bottom 6 role and on the PK.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote