Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I'm actually getting angry over this BS. Listen kid you shouldn't have been in the NHL last year that is on the team and you had a serious god awful season like really really really bad season. Now your having a great season down in the AHL.. How about instead of pouting about not being in the NHL you just continue working your ass off knowing with injuries and your performance your going to get called up soon! Stop with the self entitlement and work hard and you'll get rewarded.
Okay, let's think about this rationally and from his perspective. Again, Nino is not without fault here because if he was producing he wouldn't be in this situation. So of course he deserves some of the blame. That being said...

Nino, as a 19 year old, was very clearly not ready for the NHL; as you said yourself. Yet despite this, he remained in the NHL. Whose fault is that? Is that Nino's fault? No, it was the Islanders who decided to do that. It was the Islanders who decided to stick him in the press box or have him play 4th line minutes for much of the season. As a 19 year old.

Now again I ask you to put yourself in his position. The Islanders' actions blatantly imply that they were perfectly willing to **** around with - to completely undermine and sacrifice - you and your development for the sake of maintaining salary cap requirements for a single season. If you are Nino, how do you feel about that? Is that a situation you are happy with? Is that an organization that you feel is best serving you and your development? Is that an organization you feel has a plan and long-term outlook for you?

I'll state yet again that Nino is definitely at fault to a degree. But attempting to ignore the significant justifications he has for wanting to go to a different organization is just senseless.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote