View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 02:25 PM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Just wanted to get this on the front page of this thread:

Mandatory reading before using any of the empty rhetoric we keep hearing about Subban:

Subban vs His Peers

The holdout- In defense of PK Subban
They both come from the same site, so they'll be dismissed out of hand without actually reading what was presented in the articles.

People are stuck in their ways. We're not going to convince anybody who has their mind made up no matter how many numbers/facts we present.

I don't mean to sound negative or to jump the gun, but if this is MB's idea of cap structure and roster management (2years at 2.75m) and he's unwilling to budge, he needs to GTFO now.

You do not handcuff your team by giving your best players fair contracts, you handcuff your team by signing players who aren't particularly good at playing hockey to above market value, like prust, gomez, gionta, cammy, spacek ect. Now I'd have np with a gionta type deal if other pieces were in place but when we made all these garbage signings/trades in one off-season it was plain to see that Bob got desperate and made many stupid moves.

You can not and should not ever build the core of your team through UFA's. You overpay every time, if you wanna overpay a supplemental player to bolster your roster, fine, I have np with it.

You do not hold your best player ransom so you can squeeze in overpaid 4th liners like Prust, whether he filled a need or not, he doesn't fill anywhere close to the needs PK fills.

Posters suggesting it's ok because one is a UFA and the other is a RFA have no idea. It's poor asset management on every level.