Thread: Confirmed with Link: Isles claim Thomas Hickey (D) off Waivers
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Hyphistos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Gretzky View Post
Hey guys, I wanted to ask you how you see Hickey fitting into your organization. Capgeek has him 5th on your D depth chart, but it seems like he hasn't played yet. Where would you put Hickey on your depth chart? Some were saying he was paired with Carkner in camp--who's Carkner been playing with these first couple of games? Who's 8th on your depth chart? Do you foresee that player getting a look at any point this season? Does anyone think Hickey may ben sent down (I'd love to get him back on waivers! ), especially if Visnovsky comes back? Any definitive news on Vis?
There are different opinions, but some/many (including me) think that he should play instead of Finley. That would be 3rd pairing - together with Carkner as you have already correctly mentioned.

Why he didn't play yet? Nobody really knows, some here think they just wanted to have a closer look at Finley before sending him down, others think they wanted to have more toughness. I personally think, that he will be above Finley at the depth chart but despite the scrimmage we haven't seen him play, so who knows?

When Vis is coming here and Martinek gets his start, it will be very close for Hickey to get a spot at all. But without wanting to jinx it, it would be a big surprise if everyone stays healthy - so I would think he will get his starts if he isn't sent down before.

Hyphistos is offline   Reply With Quote