View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I understand the money thing. You know as well as I do that I'm not the anti-Russian type. Hell, I was baning the drum for Slepyshev for the 3rd round and beyond last year. However, I don't think it's unreasonable for these teams to expect some "good faith" on the part of the player after they just spent an important piece of their future to add him to the organization. It's the shadowy behavior that scares teams off. If Tarasenko had simply said that he had zero intentions of staying in Russia, then he's gone in the top-10.

The Rangers have rolled the dice. They took Kreider in 09 who was the highest prep-school kid taken in I don't even know how long. They took a sliding Cherepanov in 07. If McIlrath is as lousy as he's made out to be around here by some folks, then I'd say they took a gamble on him as well. The team is drafting an identity, unfortunately not too many Russians fit that mold. It's not a slight against them, it's just not their game for the most part.
I've seen this team's identity on offense and color me unimpressed. Dump and chase, grind, can't make a pass to save their lives. Maybe we should change identities.