View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I won't say I'm not concerned about Armia playing a consistent, involved all-around game, but he's still very young and these concerns are hardly unique among the type of player he is. Let's see him play for the organization before we start calling him a bust.

One thing I do know is that right now he has an elite NHL shot. Everything about it is elite: release, accuracy, velocity, ability to get it off from different body positions and angles. He has plus hands and has improved his skating. His job at any level will always be to score goals first and foremost and there shouldn't be much doubt that he can do that. At the same time, don't go expecting to see him play for the Sabres out of camp next year. He clearly needs work and the Sabres won't be hurting for top 6 wingers. I expect at least a full season as Rochester, with possible call-ups later in the year if he's worked on his game and the Sabres need a top 6 winger for a couple games.
I don't know how someone could come away from WJC and not be thinking, "damn!"

He has a better shot than any player that has ever been in the system in the era of Regier/Ruff

I wasn't a big fan of the pick at the time... but now I see why.
Armia is untouchable in my book (from a trade perspective)