Thread: Confirmed with Link: Lehner Back Down to Bingo
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
This should not have been a surprise to anyone, Anderson was great last yr during the playoffs & Bishop had a one way contract. Regardless of what the organization said they weren't going to pay Bishop an NHL salary to play in Bingo when they can send Lehner down & it costs them nothing regardless that Lehner doesn't like it. Murray will bind his time & I think he will eventually move Bishop but it will be when he thinks he is getting fair value (2nd rd pick) or better deal. Murray can take his time. Anderson with Lehner backing him up in the playoffs would be awsome & even next yr. Lehner could be 2 to 3 yrs away from taking the #1 job away from Anderson & then having Andy as the backup is the perfect scenario.

I would like to see Condra, Regin, Daugavins & Bishop traded to upgrade somewhere but I'm not sure there is enough there for a guy line Nino, maybe if they added Puempel to the package. But Ottawa is already pretty strong on LW & big, they could use an upgrade at centre & on RW although they have a few pretty good prospects coming in those positions too. Right Shot Defence is where they need to upgrade the most & I'm not sure if what they have will get them the top 4 D they want. However, maybe a three way deal where Ottawa moves Bishop, Regin, Condra & maybe Puempel & Nino goes somewhere & Ottawa gets that top 4 defenceman they desperately want. Maybe they can get two RD defencemen & move Gonchar at the same time. Probably too much to ask for.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote