View Single Post
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Tim Brown continues to sound more like an idiot everytime he opens his mouth. First the Trestman bash, which was clearly sour grapes that he was the #2 WR to Jerry Rice that year, now this. Don't see how anyone can give any thought to what this guy says now.
Jerry Rice has come out and backed Brown's story.

Rice, who was on the Raiders team that lost Super Bowl XXXVII to the Buccaneers, said on ESPN that Callahan disliked his players, disliked his team, and was willing to let his old boss, then-Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, beat him.

“For some reason — and I don’t know why — Bill Callahan did not like me,” Rice said. “In a way, maybe because he didn’t like the Raiders, he decided, ‘Maybe we should sabotage this a little bit and let Jon Gruden go out and win this one.’”

For Rice, a universally respected player who was named in a poll of experts conducted by NFL Network as the greatest player in NFL history, to say that he believes one of his former coaches actively wanted to lose a Super Bowl is shocking. ESPN’s Trey Wingo stopped Rice and asked him if he realized the magnitude of the accusation that Callahan once threw the Super Bowl. Rice said he understands the weight of his words.

“Yeah, I know exactly what I’m saying,” Rice said.