View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
I don't watch basketball, but maybe it will lead to a little less dilution of the overall Bay Area sports market.
I really doubt anyone in the bay area is a fan of the Kings at this time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
I care about it. Yeah it sucks they are going to move but its understandable. New arena would solve a lot of problems. Power Balance Arena is a shack these days and the attendance sucks. Seattle kings/supersonics would be so awesome and a hockey team possibly relocates there as well.
Attendance sucks because the owners. They have tried all they can to alienate the city from this team. First, by putting a terrible product on the court, then by threatening to move the team to Anaheim, Virginia Beach and now Seattle. This franchise has sold out 17 of their 27 seasons in Sacramento, that would lead me to believe that the attendance these days has little to do with the fans and more to do with getting screwed over.

Also, the city bent over backwards to get a new downtown arena built for the Maloofs. It was Joe and Gavin Maloof that balked at the deal when their insignificant 3 mil pre-construction fee was due (which they agreed to pay verbally). The Maloof's have done everything in their power to get the team out of Sacramento. It's like it's personal now.