View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I don't get the talk about how Darcy-Ruff have "never won a Cup". That's such an extreme result to make judgments on, when the difference between winning a Cup and going to Game 6 of the Finals or the Conference Finals is pretty slim and has a lot to do with luck. I look at it that they had two separate legitimate contending teams, one built around grinding out games with Hasek, and one built around high-flying and relentless scoring depth with Miller heavily relied-upon as a safety net. Bill Cowher was coach for like 75 years before he won a Super Bowl, yet it'd be pretty silly to argue that he wasn't anything short of a success for them up to that point.

I'm not saying this is an argument in favor of keeping Darcy/Lindy, either. I just hate arguments built solely around winning a championship or not, whether its management, coaches, or players. It's far too simplistic.
agreed... but consistency should be relevant when judging... and Ruff has never been consistently able to win/make the playoffs.

Ruff's had a few nice runs... but ultimately he misses the playoffs and loses in the first round too often. 9 out of 14 years without winning a playoff round is a bad resume IMO