View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I had began realizing this too, and I agree. The debate feels silly at this point, as when some posters throw around the term "rebuild" it really has a different meaning to everyone. I would agree to trading a couple mid-level players or high-end vets if the return is right, but oppose trading Markov because the return we will get probably will not give us anything as useful as he is on the group, mainly because his trade value is at its lowest.

I also think we should focus more on the Detroit philosophy as opposed to Edmonton, of course. I initially came in criticizing silly ideas of trading away our defense and making Beaulieu and Tinordi play defense this/next season, and buying out Markov. I never directed these comments to anyone but Lafleur's Guy seemed to have been offended. But in the end we all have similar outlooks on the team, you're right.
We do have similar outlooks, I think that's because a consensus is emerging that this year's Habs are awful , and that they won't win anything in the near future.