View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
That's really not the point. Hindsight is 20/20. Deal with what we have now not what we could have done differently. If Eminger was the best option and had earned himself a spot on the roster, he would have been playing. Tortorella doesn't play favorites. If the brass had found a viable replacement on the open market or via trade, he'd be with the team right now.

Could we have signed Nik Lidstrom and gotten better out of him than we are with Bickel? Yeah, of course, but you have to deal with what you have at your disposal. Given that fact, I'm not going to slam Bickel for making the mistakes your average #6 d-man tends to make.
Actually that is the point that I''m making. I agree with you that Bickle is not the primary reason we struggled however I was very clear that I also believe he is a problem that could have been addressed and possibly still could be with Eminger or a player who is still unsigned. Again I can't do an in depth analysis of current available d men compared to stu but I just have a hard time believing stu is better than alternatives that are available to us. That Lidstrom comment is kind of nonsensical clearly I am talking about unsigned FA not all time legend retirees come on debate in good faith here.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote