View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 05:39 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Bourque falls under a couple of things here-he's earned it with his play in Providence this year and his ability to rack of significant points in the AHL.

Don Sweeney and Cam have known him his entire life and its human nature (unless you fall under the ahole umbrella and in that case you probably haven't amounted to anything let alone a decision-maker for successful professional sports franchise) to root for him.

I was at the game and he looked like he was buzzing around, taking the body (and btw- I have been to a half dozen Providence games and maybe more this year and he has not backed down at all; he's taken hellacious hits to make plays, he goes in the dirty areas- I was skeptical but I'm impressed)

I think it was great Claude put him in the shoot out and it makes sense he has great hands and has led the AHL in scoring or been in the top of the league multiple years. His height is his enemy in this league. He has very good skills- he did very well in a stocked AHL this season.

I like this move and think he deserved it. I also have no problem whatsoever with that shoot out especially after seeing him in Providence in a couple.