View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 06:45 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
Jumbo Joe is cursed, I am convinced he will never win the Stanley Cup. The deal that originally sent him to San Jose was bad for the Bruins but it allowed them to move on, build around another core and win the Stanley Cup. In the meantime San Jose is doing exactly what the Bruins were doing back then, which is contending but not winning.

At what point is San Jose going to rebuild? Thornton, Marleau, Havlat and Clowe are all 30+. They should think about trading some of them for picks and prospects and build another core around Couture.
Last year was an off year, but the years before that included many trips into the second round or later, including 2 trips to the conference finals. The times we didn't advance (Anaheim, St.Louis) were both terrible match-ups for the Sharks. It hasn't been 5th-8th seed barely in contention for the most part. The Sharks have been the best team in the NHL at a few times, and almost continuously one of the best teams. Whatever happens to the Sharks in the playoffs, attributing it to Joe Thornton is asinine.

If this year's team is bad, then I'd start trading everyone over the age of 30. Joe Thornton is the only one I'd hang on to unless blown away with an offer.

That being said: HORRIBLE trade partners here for Thornton. If a team isn't willing to part with their franchise type prospect the Sharks have no reason to even consider a trade.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote