Thread: Post-Game Talk: Well poop: Sabres win 2-1
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
beauchamp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Yup, traffic is a must. It seemed to me that those giant defenders of theirs were constantly hacking and slashing in front of their net to clear the traffic out, and for the most part, they've succeeded. The refs have called their status quo of penalties on them, and let most of that stuff go. Maybe our defense needs to be a bit more assertive in front of our net, if we cross-checked Hodgson away from in front of the net, it could have been a different game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post

Quota?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Refs have the tendency to try to keep the number of penalties for both teams in the same ballpark. After the Sabres got 4 legit penalties called on them, the refs let them get away with running Scrivens over at the end of the 1st (which was a lot more blatant than Kessel's "incidental contact" with Miller outside his paint), and an interference call on Gunnar that led to the 2nd goal. Not long after, Gunnar gets nailed on an extremely soft interference call. Talk about irony.

I'm not blaming the loss on the refs or anything, we had our chances to win the game, I just wish they call stuff both ways, regardless of how many penalties the team has taken prior to the call.
You probably missed the point.

"Status quo" isn't the same as "quota", the word you were looking for.

And I must have missed the part where PP were 7 to 3.