Thread: Post-Game Talk: Home Opener vs Bolts 1/22
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
It's clear this team is struggling with chemistry and rust...and are missing a lot of great scoring chances. Semin had a glorious chance and whiffed on the puck. EStaal had a great chance and shot it wide. JStaal had a great chance but was a second late getting to the puck right in front of the net. A lot of passes still missing the target, etc.. A lot of times they look way out of synch and the puck is bouncing a lot. Not overly surprising given the personnel changes and short camp, but they need to figure it out before they dig too big of a hole.

I know the defense sucks and Ward hasn't been good, but his team has 2 goals in 2 games. The "big guns" (Staal, Staal, Semin, Jussi, Skinner) have to start producing more or it won't matter who the Canes have in goal.

Also, I realize the team isn't very physical to begin with, but they are just too soft right now. They are too easy to knock off the puck and don't scare anyone physically. I realize they can't just magically become bigger and tougher, but they sure can work harder.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote