View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 10:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Markov was great today, even putting the 2 goals aside. If that's a glimpse of what we can expect all season from him...we'll be solid. Watching him run those PPs was a thing of beauty. Still, we obviously missed a shooter on the 2nd unit...cough, cough.

The Pleks line played well again. They were quieter as the game was put out of reach, but that happens. The DD line was putting together some chances but it looks like the timing is still off, or like they're forcing things. I didn't think DD had a very good game, and Pacioretty kept shooting the puck in Clemmensen's chest for some reason. PGG line was excellent, glad they got rewarded with PP time. I really liked White stepping in when Gorges got hurt. Armstrong and Moen did some good work on the PK but weren't noticeable otherwise. Armstrong is probably the forward I've been least impressed with in the first two games.

On D, everyone played well. Markov I mentioned, Diaz looked great, Bouillon did his job perfectly (though we can't play the full season with him on the powerplay - it will bite us)...even Kaberle has played two very good games so far.

Even if it was 3 games in 4 nights for the Panthers, it would be nice to see this kind of effort from the Habs on a nightly basis.